1) Do I hv Metabolic Syndrome if I am always tired and lack libido.I am at pre diabetic stage with glucose level at 110. Should I try testosterone replacement therapy or take diabetic medication
- Metabolic syndrome is a used to describe a group of risk factors that occur together that increase the risk of coronary artery disease.
- It is present if 3 or more of the following occurs: Blood pressure equal to or higher than 130/85 mmHg; Fasting blood sugar (glucose) equal to or higher than 100 mg/dL; Large waist circumference (length around the waist): Men - 40 inches or more, Women - 35 inches or more; Low HDL cholesterol: Men - under 40 mg/dL, Women - under 50 mg/dL; Triglycerides equal to or higher than 150 mg/dL.
- For some individuals, if the overall blood sugar is high, diabetic medication may help to reduce the risk of future diabetic complications.
- Similarly, if testosterone levels are low, replacement therapy may help to alleviate certain symptoms.
- I would suggest that you discuss with your physician regarding your test results and explore the benefits and risk of both replacement therapy and diabetic treatment.
INSTAGRAM FOLLOW US KISS92FM