1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups flour, plus more for pan
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/3 cup sugar (divided)
1 cup sour cream
2 tsp lime zest
4 medium limes - juice of (1/3 cup + 4 tbsp; divided)
6 oz carton of blueberries
1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl sift together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl beat butter and 1 cup of sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, then add flour mixture and sour cream alternatively until completely combined.
- Add in lime juice and lime zest and beat until combined.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Prepare a 9"x5" loaf pan by rubbing the inside bottom and sides with butter then coating with a light dusting of flour to prevent the loaf from sticking.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan and bake till toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (60-65 minutes). Cover the cake with tinfoil halfway through baking to prevent the top of burning.
- Remove from oven and let sit in cake pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool on a wire rack.
- In the meanwhile prepare a simple lime syrup by adding 1/3 cup lime juice and 1/3 cup sugar to a small saucepan. Heat it until the sugar dissolves completely. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Using a toothpick, prick the top and sides of the warm cake several times. Using a pastry or silicone brush, brush the simple syrup all over the top and sides of the cake and let it soak up. Then do it again.
- Once the cake is cooled completely create a simple lime glaze by combining 2 tbsp of lime juice with 1 cup of powdered sugar. Whisk until smooth. It should thick, but pour-able. Add more lime juice to make it thinner, or more powdered sugar to make it thicker. Drizzle and brush over the top of the cooled cake.
- Cut into slices and Enjoy!