A cookie a day keeps the blues away! The office loves these cookies that Maddy baked and we heard that Jason had five of them! It's that good.
225g unsalted butter (room temp)
300g fine sugar (this has been reduced from the original recipe but you can reduce it even more to 280g if you like)
85g soft dark brown sugar ( Just use soft brown sugar when I can’t find the dark one. It works just as well. )
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg and 1 egg yolk
425g self raising flour ( or plain flour with 3 tsp of baking powder when I’m out of SRF)
200g white chocolate buttons
Lots of M&Ms!
1. Preheat Oven to 190 Deg. C
2. Cream butter & sugars till light & fluffy, then add vanilla, followed by the egg & yolk. Add the flour 1 big scoop at a time and keep mixing till you have a soft dough.
3. Take a heaped tbsp of the cookie dough and stuff in a handful of white choc chip, making sure the chips are covered by the dough.
4. Flatten slightly with your palm onto a tray and then press is 5 – 6 M&Ms. Repeat till all the dough and chips are all used up. Make sure you leave enough room between each cookie on the tray as they will expand quite a bit!
5. Bake in oven for 10 – 12 mins and remove when the cookies are just turning golden on top because they will continue to cook after you’ve removed them from the oven. That way it’s slightly crispy on the outside but till soft on the inside! Mmmm Mmmm…
Now enjoy it with a glass of ice cold milk or a warm cup of tea and tell me if it isn’t one of the best things since sliced bread!
INSTAGRAM FOLLOW US KISS92FM